Information We Collect
Personal information we collect may include your name, address, email addresses, phone numbers, unique personal identifiers, topics of interests, and/or demographic information.
In addition, we sometimes aggregate demographic information and the types of systems and browsers of users. Evolve also may conduct user surveys on the Web or use technologies to provide Evolve with information on a number of areas, such as user identity, user viewing habits, whether the Site content is relevant to user needs, and other similar metrics.
Use of Personal Information You Provide
Business Operations and Marketing.
- We might use your information to provide you with information personalized to your requests, to respond to inquiries (i.e. respond to Contact Us page), or to make appointments;
- We might use your personal data for screening you for employment or other engagement;
- We might use your personal data to provide you with targeted information and advertising on the site or to contact you with information and promotional materials, offers, and requests for donations;
- We might use your data to provide you with communications regarding our services and might combine the information we collect from you with information we receive from you offline;
- We might use your information with vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf;
- We might use your information to review Site usage and operations, to address problems with the Site, our organization, or other services, and to protect the security or integrity of the Site and our organization; and
- We might use your data in connection with the exercise or defense of our legal rights, as well as in response to court orders.
Legal Bases for Processing.
We process personal data for, or based on, one or more of the following legal bases:
- to service customer requests and to comply with your instructions;
- as is necessary for our legitimate interests, including direct marketing;
- to comply with the law and our legal obligations; and
- in certain circumstances, based on your express consent.
Information We Share With Others
- Consent: We may share information you submit to us with your consent or at your direction.
- Service providers: We may share your information with service providers we have retained to perform services on our behalf. We obligate these service providers to not use or disclose the information they receive from us except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- Business Partners: We may share personal data with third party business partners in connection with your Evolve account. Examples of third parties to whom we may disclose personal data for this purpose are banks and payment method providers (such as credit card networks) when we provide payment processing services.
- Compliance with law: In addition, we may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, (ii) in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials, or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Protection of Personal Data
Security is important to us and to you. Therefore, we work to employ reasonable and appropriate physical, technical, and organizational safeguards designed to promote the security of our systems and protect the confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of personal data. If you suspect unauthorized access to your information as a result of a breach of our protective measures, you should contact us immediately.
No method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect personal data, we cannot guarantee that any safeguards will be effective or sufficient. Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit to us through the Internet is or will be secure.
Retention of Personal Data.
We retain personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, as well as to the extent we deem necessary to carry out the processing activities described above, including compliance with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies, and to the extent we reasonably deem necessary to protect the rights, property, and safety of Evolve, our customers, and other third parties.
Your Rights Regarding Personal Data
You have a variety of legal rights regarding the collection and processing of personal data. You may exercise these rights, to the extent they apply to you, by contacting us using the information provided below. Please be prepared to provide reasonable information to authenticate your requests.
These rights vary depending on the particular laws of your jurisdiction, but may include:
- the right to know whether, and for what purposes, we process personal data about you;
- the right to be informed about the personal data we collect and/or process about you;
- the right to access, modify, and correct personal data about you;
- the right to know with whom we have shared personal data about you, for what purposes, and what personal data has been shared (including whether personal data was disclosed to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes);
- where processing of personal data about you is based on consent, the right to withdraw your consent to such processing; and
- the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority located in the jurisdiction of your habitual residence, place of work, or where an alleged violation of law occurred.
Accessing, Modifying, Rectifying, and Correcting Collected Personal Data
We strive to maintain the accuracy of any personal data collected from you, and will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond promptly to update our database when you tell us the information in our database is not accurate. However, we must rely upon you to ensure that the information you provide to us is complete, accurate, and up-to-date, and to inform us of any changes. Please review all of your information carefully before submitting it to us, and please notify us as soon as possible of any updates or corrections.
In accordance with applicable law, you may obtain from us certain personal data that we process about you. If you wish to access, review, or make any changes to personal data you have provided to us through our Site or related services, you may do so at any time by contacting us as provided below. Please note, however, that we reserve the right to deny access as permitted or required by applicable law.
- Social media: We may use social media sharing and other “widgets” to enable interaction with social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Yelp. Some of these social networks may be able to track your visit to our Site (or any site that uses the widgets) because when you visit a social network, it may place personally identifiable cookies in your browser that are then transmitted back to the social network when you visit other sites that use that network’s widgets, even if you do not click on or interact with the widget. If you have questions about a particular social network’s information collection or cookie practices, please refer to the privacy and use policies of that social network
- Functionality: These cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced features. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on an article. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized. They do not gather any information about you that could be used for advertising, or remember where you have been on the internet.
The major browsers have attempted to implement the draft “Do Not Track” (“DNT”) standard of the World Wide Web Consortium (“W3C”) in their latest releases. As this standard has not been finalized, the Site is not compatible with DNT and does not recognize DNT settings.
You have choices about certain information we collect. When you are asked to provide information, you may decline to do so; but if you choose not to provide information that is necessary for us to collect to complete your order or respond to your request, we may not be able to complete your order or respond to your request.
The Site is not directed at children, and we will not knowingly accept, request, or collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If we learn that we have collected personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will delete this information from our databases in accordance with our deletion procedures. Should you suspect that a child of whom you are the parent or legal guardian has provided Evolve with personal information, please contact us and we will work with you to address this issue.
Your California Privacy Rights
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California users are entitled to request information relating to whether a business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not sell or share your personal information with third party companies for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
Additional Information for Individuals in the European Economic Area (“EEA”)
- Be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to;
- Request access to any data held about you;
- Ask to have inaccurate data amended;
- Request data held about you to be erased, provided the data is not required by us to perform a contract, protect its rights, interests or those of a third party, defend against a legal claim or to comply with applicable laws or regulations;
- Prevent or restrict processing of data which is no longer required;
- Request transfer of appropriate data to a third party where this is technically feasible;
- Object to further processing of data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected; and
- Not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Additionally, in the circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal data for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific purpose at any time. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
Evolve acts as the “Data Controller” under the GDPR. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact details set out under the “Contact Us” heading below. As a resident of the EEA, you are also entitled to direct any complaints in relation to our processing of your personal data to your national or local data protection authority.
Changes to Policy
You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time through a given communications channel (such as email or telephone) by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received and/or by contacting us as provided below.
If you would like to update your contact information or preferences, or have your information removed from our mailing list, or if you have comments or questions about the administration of our Site or this Policy, please contact us by writing us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.